Confessions of a Self-aholic
Taguig, Philippines & DC-VA-WV USA
Born in '91 ♥ Communication Arts major at De La Salle University- Manila ♥ Passion for fashion design, photography, interior design, cooking, baking, acting, and writing♥ Traveling and shopping are ways to keep me up from a stressful day. ♥ spontaneity ♥ rainy days ♥ sunset ♥ dogs ♥ beach ♥ outdoors ♥ movies ♥ coffee ♥ volleyball ♥ soccer players ♥ Having a great family and wonderful friends make me a truly blessed person ♥
100 Things to Answer When You're Bored
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
1. Do you bother with fasting and abstinence?
2. Biggest flaw that people often tell you?
I'm too thin. err, I'm not! I love my figure!
3. When do you usually feel like you can do anything/ When do you feel unstoppable?
When my parents are away.
4. Do you believe "Ignorance is bliss"?
5. Have you ever betrayed someone?
6.Best thing that has ever happened to you?
I met the truest friends and without them i won't bother to live.
7. Worst thing that happened to you?
I've been cheated on.
8. If you're trying something that suddenly seems impossible, would you give up?
It would really depend on the situation.
9. The kind of people you hate the most?
Liars, PeOpLe wHo tYpE lyK thiZZZ and bitches.
10. Would you do something that you don't want to do if someone were to ask you to do it?
No. I'm not a gullible. :P
11. What do you do most when at home and bored?
Eat, sleep, surf the net, play with our lovely dog or just watch tv.
12. Worst thing you've eaten?
I have no idea.
13. Latest time you've slept?
14. The most money you've ever spent in one day?
11k? I'm not really sure.
15. Favorite among the 4 seasons? (even if you haven't experienced them)
16. What's an item that you don't want to buy but would make you happy if you received it?
A car! My parents will buy it and not me. :)
17. What is the best thing you've ever read? Or what is your favorite thing to read?
I forgot the title, but it's a fashion book. It's the best book I've ever read. :P
18. Fill in the blank: _____man
19. The saddest moment in your life?
When you have to go separate ways with the people you love.
20. Describe your "singing voice"
I have a singing voice but most of the time it's out of tune.
21. When do you feel like "the bad guy"?
22. What word do you use the most in a day?
Really?, Shit, Bang.
23. Chocolate or vanilla? (No choosing neither unless you REALLY hate em both)
24. If you could erase one letter in the alphabet, what would it be? Why?
None. Let's just keep the alphabet that way.
25. If you like a suddenly like a song, how many times do you listen to it in a day?
Over and over again. I don't really count.
26. Continue the line: "In times of trouble and despair, let there be..."
27. FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD
FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD
Now that that's done, what comes to your mind?
Obese kids. :))
28. What subject do you absolutely SUCK at? (If you're not a student, look back and remember)
29. Situation: A big fire is in front of you.
Question: Your thoughts are?
We're in a camping.
30. What planet do you wish you could visit?
I'm okay with our own planet.
31. Pepsi products or Coke products?
32. If you could make your own swiss army knife, what would you add to it? Name 5 things excluding the knife.
Tear gas, spare coins, sunblock, credit card with unlimited usage, and mirror.
33. If you were to live in a TV show, what would be the genre?
Anything to do with hosting or a gag show.
34. What would its title be?
I can't think of a good title for my talk show or gag show, but I have lots of titles in mind if it would be a sexy or porn show. :)) (bad humor! :P)
35. If you were to write a fiction book, what would the first sentence be?
She got a blade and tried to slash her wrists. (emo much! hahahaha.)
36. If you were to see a ghost, how would you react?
Hello Casper! :P
37. What would you do if you were to learn the world would end tomorrow?
Have sex with a hot guy before the end of the world. hahahaha! :))
38. What kind of villain are you (if you consider yourself one/would want to be one)?
A villain with a mischievous smile. :)) with all the anger and bitterness inside.
39. If you could make a building/tower, how many floors would it have?
3 is fine. :) and that would be my house.
40. If you owed someone an enormous debt (say i dunno, maybe $100,000,000?), what would you do?
Hide in a far away land.
41. If you know that you will fail at something that you are trying (as in GUARANTEED to fail), what would you do? Continue anyway, or quit while you still have a chance?
Take the risk. :)
42. How often do you keep secrets from family?
I keep my secrets to myself.
43. When do you begin yelling/screaming/shouting the most?
When I'm either very angry or super hyper.
44. When there are people around you, but it's completely silent, you feel ____
There's something wrong.
45. The one thing you usually do once you get home is?
Go to the bathroom and pee.
46. What food would you never consider touching? (As in REAL food)
Seafoods! Whether cooked or raw.
47. Favorite type (not brand) of candy (not chocolate)
48. Would you rather go to the beach, pool, or water park?
49. If in your next life you can't be from the same continent you are in now, what country would you want to be from? (Ex: If you are Asian, you can't be from Asia, etc.)
States or Canada.
50. Favorite fish? (I'm not saying favorite fish to eat... as in favorite fish. PERIOD)
I don't eat fish!
51. 1 + 1 = ? (DO NOT ANSWER 2! Answer in any way you want)
3 in 1 +1= happy kaarawan. :)) (a commercial of Selecta ice cream)
52. If you could have an EXOTIC pet, what would it be?
53. When a person says "cross", which symbol do you think of? + or x
54. A person claims to be your relative. Would you believe him/her right away?
If I see a resemblance or I can feel that the person is telling the truth, but if not, say hello to DNA test. :D
55. Among all of Superman's powers (heat vision, speed, extreme endurance, flying, etc.), what would you want?
56. What was the most touching scene you've ever seen? (In a show or real life)
When a guy from the Junior batch asked a girl to be his prom date in front of the whole High School community before the period after lunch starts. All the windows of the classrooms were opened and we all thought that there was an activity or event. That was the sweetest thing ever and everyone was cheering like "yeeee" and that made them famous. :))
57. When your group fails something, who is blamed the most?
The one who did nothing. :))
58. If you were to classify humans into two kinds, what would they be?
I'm for equality and there should be no division among the human race.
59. Among those two kinds (regarding question 58), which do you consider yourself to be?
As I've said, we are all equal. :)
60. If you were forced to become a monarch for a few years, would you rule with an iron fist or with a just heart?
Somewhere in between so there would be a balance.
61. Fill in the blank/s: Try and try until you __________
62. What does "Red, White, and Blue" make you think of?
The American flag. :P
63. What do you consider the "most common male name"?
64. The BEST dish you've ever had is?
Quite a lot.
65. What's the weirdest comment your parents have ever made about you?
"CommArts pala ang course mo" -Dad and he only knew my course days after my confirmation in DLSU.
66. What line from a show/movie did you enjoy the most? (Be it a smart, funny, mean line. Any will do. And name where it's from)
The best movie lines were from the Filipino movie, "One More Chance". I swear, it made me cry. :)) I like Mean Girls, Twilight and other romantic-comedy movies as well.
67. If you had your own servant, and you could name him/her, what would be his/her name?
Hahahaha! I'd rather not mention it. :)
68. Which of your five senses do you think you use the most?
Common sense. :)) hahahaha. LOL. :P
69. What do you remember people by: their name or their face?
70. What part of your body experiences pain the most often?
My heart. Aww!
71. How many pillows do you sleep with?
72. Summer vacation... How late do you sleep?
There's no specific time.
73. What's the latest time you've ever woken up?
74. What is the symbol of "masculinity"? No green answers please.(or femininity if you prefer to answer that)
Feminity- diamonds! Diamonds are girls' best friend.
75. If you could compose yor own song, what would its theme be?
It would be random.
76. Shave or don't shave?
I prefer waxing and threading.
77. Honestly, in a do or die situation, would you abandon a friend?
In some cases, maybe yes. WAF much. :))
78. If a criminal took someone dear to you hostage, would you pay the ransom or call the police?
Call the police.
79. How do you refer to fast people/What do you use to describe fast people? DO NOT ANSWER WITH FAST... I guarantee some people would use that as an answer...
Always in a hurry.
80. Are you content with the gadgets you own now?
81. For example, you were REALLY poor (as in dirt poor) all of a sudden, and you had to sell one of your OWN belongings (don't mention something that belongs to a family member). What would you sell? (name something that isn't cheap)
Cellphone. Anyway, I'm poor and I'll have no money for my load.
82. Among your songs, what has the highest play count?
I don't know.
83. How do you often get people's attention? (ex. how do you tell a person to "look here" or "shut up and listen", etc)
By just the way I look and stare. :)
84. Who do you usually approach when you have problems?
85. What do you usually do at parties?
Talk, drink, dance and do some hoochy-coochy in the corner. :))
86. Lately, have you considered yourself "lucky"?
87. What do you usually lend people?
My listening ear.
88. Your usual form of exercise is?
Shopping bec. I do lots of walking.
89. How did you get your name?
My mom gave it.
90. What do you buy the most? (As in, "What do you buy the most often?")
91. What do you usually do to cool off during summer?
Open the refrigerator and feel the cold inside. :))
92. If there's a power outage, what do you usually do?
93. What are the weirdest thoughts you've had recently?
94. What's the worst possible punishment that can happen to you? (not necessarily something that you've had happen to you already and don't say anything too serious like "broken bones" or "death")
Lose the trust that other people have in me.
95. What event do you usually look forward to the most?
College? hahaha! Hello new friends! :)
96. What "resolution/self-goal" do you often break?
I'll wake-up early.
97. If you were forced to preach about a topic, what would it be?
Fashion, How it feels like to be a real girl and anything that will deal with make-up and dressing up.
98. You were offered the following, which would you choose?
A. A bonus, but no discount.
B. A discount, but no bonus.
A bonus, but no discount.
99. What lyrics describe your life the most (be it a line/chorus/the whole song)
My life would suck without you. :))
100. Honestly... Why did you answer these questions?
Because I want to do so.
Meli♥ 3:31 PM
A Night of Enchantment
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Yesterday was Ands' 18th birthday party at Le Salon Hyatt Hotel and Casino. (her real birthday is April 22) The theme of her birthday was really lovely, ENCHANTED!! and of course the color motif is Ands favorite color, PINK!
I kinda came late (like 8pm and it started at exactly 7:30) due to heavy traffic around the Ermita area. I was stranded for an hour in Quirino Avenue and that's only 5 mins. away from the venue. :(
I enjoyed her party. After the dinner, the 18 Princes (18 roses) danced with the lovely debutante and afterwards the 18 Princesses (18 candles) had their turn to speak. I was one of the 18 Princesses and I was introduced this way, "and next we have Ms. Melissa Isabelle Arganda, one of our debutante's closest friends. She's a fighter and she's always there to defend her friends. And she's the VAINEST friend." -as usual, I'm the vainest. hahahaha! LOL. :P
Most of the 4B people were present during the event and of course we had lots of chikas to tell and we just missed everyone.
Happy Birthday Andrea Bianca G. De Vera! I LOVE YOU! 5 years of friendship and counting forever. :D See you in DLSU! :)
with the lovely debutante in pink
with the 4B batch 2009
black dress from Dress Lab, bangles from Forever 21,
earring and necklace from mom's jewelry box
Meli♥ 8:46 PM
The Wardrobe Essentials
Monday, April 20, 2009
Gone are the days wherein I need to wear a uniform in going to school.
College is just a month away and in my university, there is no uniform implemented to students, but there is a dress code. I'm really hoping that I will NEVER encounter the so-called "wardrobe crisis" in my entire stay in the university. I need to have a wardrobe full of functional and versatile items so that I could repeat clothes without anyone noticing it.
In what I believe in, the following must be found inside a girl's wardrobe:
Meli♥ 1:25 PM
The Impression Towards Me
Friday, April 17, 2009
I would like to share the contents of the letters that some people gave me during our class retreat last Feb. 25-26, 2009. I always feel nostalgic even if I have read it for several times already. (The following are just few of the letters given to me: in its original version)
24 February 2009
I have a month left and I wish I could know you more.
I consider my students my friends (because when I get past my 20's then my students will become my "children"). I want to know more about them, observe them and if possible hang out with them and be there for them when needed.
I always thought you are a nice (if not the nicest) of the 4B girls. And indeed you are. We might not have bonded but the way people place a high esteem on and regard of you are more than enough testament of what a nice person you really are. I hope you keep it up.
And if there is anything I could help you with, never hesitate to approach me,
I hope for the past couple of months I was able to make an imprint in your high school experience and was able to touch your life the way you did mine. As long as you still have that cool disposition, I know I'm on the right track. And I hope CSA and this retreat would guide you to keep yours.
God bless and see you when I see you
Happy Palanca Letter!
Go La Salle!
woooooo! Thanks for being a great friend!
Sana wag ka magbago!
Gusto ko yung pagiging pranka mo!
Enjoy sa retreat!
Feb. 26, 2009
I just want to let you know that you have been a very good friend to me and I enjoy our "Fashionista" chats & moments together. Thank you so much for trusting me with your secrets and problems. Thank you also for being always there when I feel alone and for tolerating me. I really appreciate it and I appreciate you. I hope our friendship will continue to exist even after high school. Always know that whenever you feel like talking to someone and no one else is around, you can always come to me. Tell me na nga rin pala what your plans are for 18th (legalization hahaha!) Bday! Although I still say, kung maganda brand ng laptop, go for the laptop. Meron naman gradball to look forward to dance with Prince CharmingÜ
Feb. 25, 2009
Happy retreat sa atin! :) Meli, super thank you sa lahat as in lahat. Solid na tayo, and we're going strong.. :) Thank you sa memories, trust, sincerity and most of all sa friendship. Thank you dahil kung ano man nangyayari sakin, andyan kayo palagi to cheer me or to be just a friend to me. I know sometimes di tayo nagkakasundo, pero part lang yun talaga ng isang magandang friendship (yeees) haha. Kaya sorry sa mga nagawa ko din before. pasensya na :D Lam mo namang mahal na mahal pa rin kita eh, kaw pa! Meli... huwag ka na masyadong malungkot sa lovelife ah, sus darating din si Mr. right. Hayaan mo si Cesar, pahabulin mo, haha. manlandi ka nalang muna. yieee :P Meli, I know you've been through a lot lately, I want you to know na I'll always be here. Alam mo naman yun diba :) Basta never give up agad, and just stay strong with everything, "challenges" lang naman yan ni God. You just need to trust Him. Kaya hopefully with the retreat, everything would be better for you :) Goodluck sa lahat Meli: family, college life, LOVE LIFE! haha. Keep in touch sa college ah. I hope you'll make the right decision sa college :) Magingat ka Meli, love you Isabelle!
hey!! classmate kita nung start ng HS life, ngayon classmate din kita nung pa-end na. awww.. grabe ah! infairness, natuto ako mag-concealer dahil sayo. haha. naaalala ko pa kahit nung 1st year ganun ka na./ morning pa lng CR na. awww.. i miss 1k!! basta meli, if you need anything im just here! take care always!:) xoxo
Feb. 26, 2009
Happy Retreat :) hope you enjoy. malamig dyan, masarap may kayapos! hehe. sayang this year lang tayo nakalabas pero di bale, we are just starting. im sure we'll see each other again in the near future after graduation! Always take care and I'm here if you need advice :) Mag-confess ka nang kasalanan mo! hehe joke lang... Well I wish you all the best and love always! Palagi magiingat!
February 25, 2009
Yaay! Retreat nyo na. One of the highlights of senior year. Hope you guys will be able to fulfill your purpose there and leave the venue not just as a class but as a family and a renewed personÜ
Uhm...Ok speechless na ako. Haha. I'm glad to have met such a unique friend like you. Dati akala ko, pag nakikita kita feeling ko di tayo magkaka-sundo dahil mukha kang isnaberang bitch. Pero pusong mamon ka pala. Haha. I always enjoy our time together. I'm always here 24/7 ok? Don't hesitate. Love you!
happy retreat... sorry cheap yung papel ko... poor eh... anyway..yun nga happy retreat... sana maenjoy mo tong time na to be with God and with your 4BlovesÜ gaya ng retreat namin. Sana sa pag labas nyo sa retreat house... ang class niyo ay isang pamilya... yes gumaganon pa... gusto ko lang magpasalamat sa support na binibigay mo sakin. kahit lagi ka nagiinarte mahal na mahal kita. you've always been there for me lalo na sa darkest moments of my life.. hay buhay mahirap pala umibig.. wala kang gamot dito... buti pa sa sakit ng ulo may biogesic. sa puso, ano? wala... haha!Ü okay nagdrama ba ko?! hahaha!Ü yun thanks for having my back... don't worry, I have your sexy back too...Ü Ikaw Meli, ingatan mo ang sarili mo... mahal na mahal kitaÜ Ipagdasal mo ko dyan ha! mwah!Ü
Happy happy retreat! :) nako, mawawala kau for 2 days :( mamimiss MO AKO! haha.. joke siempre mamimiss ko yung lokarit kong kaibigan eh :( so anyways, super thankful ako kasi syempre naging friend kita and I consider you as one of my truest and closest friends :) siyempre tau-tau ba naman ung magkakasama for 3 years eh! hehe sana pag nasa college na. mag get together parin tayo ha! promise? kasi mamimiss ko kayo ng sobra-sobra! and oo nga pala, alam mo ba super naaappreciate ko na ako ung tinutrust mo pagdating sa mga secrets mo.. super nakakatouch kasi sa barkada, parang ako ung isa sa mga trustworthy na tao para sau. awww :) and sa retreat enjoy lang kasi, masaya yan kasi laughtrip si Fr. Joel as in! hehe. sana after ng retreat nio, maging mas closer ka kay God and sana marealize mo kung gaano ka kasama! haha! joke! un lang.. take care! I love you Meli! God Bless! TIP: pag may activities, tabihan mo crush mo parati... promise, hindi ka magsisisi! :)
Feb. 25, 2009
Hey Meli!! Happy Retreat! Sana magenjoy ka at mapatawa ka ng grabe ni Fr. Joel. Pero I'm sure tatawa ka, tawa kasi kami ng tawa nung retreat namin eh, so I hope you get to enjoy it like we did. Sana rin madami kang matutunan at marealize kaya dapat makinig kang mabuti kasi sobrang habang nanjan ka marami kang realizations na maiisip. Sana din ngayong retreat niyo lalo ka pang maging mas close sa 4B family mo, sana mas maging united pa kayo at bonded. sana din maging masaya ang retreat niyo katulad ng sa amin. swerte niyo, inggit ako sa inyo, wala kayo sa tactical. Ang saya. hehe! anyway, enough about that.. Meli, maraming salamat sa lahat, 3 years na yung barkada natin and I'm really thankful that I'm a part of it. Sobrang thankful talaga ako kasi lagi kayong nanjan. sorry din if I did or said things na nakahurt sau.. Sorry talaga! Hindi ko sinasadya! :( At grabe Meli, magkacollege na tayo. goodluck sa lahat. Pano ba yan hindi na tayo magkakasama pero dapat from time to time lumalabas pa din tayo ah? hehe! At goodluck sa PBB audition mo. hehe! basta Meli, walang kalimutan ah?! hehe! sige na, til here na lang, baka marami ka pang babasahin eh. Ingat Meli! Enjoy kayo! God bless! mwaah! love you! :)
Meli♥ 12:02 AM
Want great finds at a very cheap price?
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
We are selling our not-so old clothes, shoes, accessories, and other items at a very low price.
All shoes are size 8 and for girls only.
Prices are still NEGOTIABLE
We'll be having the garage sale beside my dad's shop. (boundary of Pateros and Taguig, in front of Shell gasoline station) next week. (exact date will be announced on weekend)
Labels: items for sale
Meli♥ 5:55 PM
Let me start this by saying...
Finally, I have found a better place to type in my opinions, rants, experiences and anything under the sun. Discussions and topics here may or may not be personal. I'm not here to offend anyone about my thoughts, I'm just here to speak my mind and say my own point of view. I hope that you'll eventually find my site a good one and not another space consuming junk in the world wide web.
Meli♥ 1:09 AM
Ainslee Alves Candice Camara Celine Gutierrez Guia Galvez Char & Nina Jonessa Mendoza Kat Aurellano Kaye Lavin Marj Arganda Memesh Ilano Nicole Santos Rielle Ramos Ronna Sabellina Steph Santana
April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 May 2011 April 2012
Tumblin' on Tumblr
Playin' on YouTube
Good Old Multiply
What I Wore
A lil' bit Juicy